THE INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR JUSTICE AND THE RULE OF LAW (IIJ)-
The International Institute for Justice and the Rule of Law (IIJ) is an international organisation located in Malta with a mission to deliver innovative and sustainable capacity-building through the implementation of counter-terrorism-related, rule of law-based good practices developed by the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and other international and regional fora.
Since its inauguration in 2014, the IIJ has trained more than 6000 criminal justice practitioners through its interactive capacity-building workshops – in Malta and abroad – that enhance the competencies of parliamentarians, judges, prosecutors, police, prison and other criminal justice practitioners to address terrorism and related transnational criminal activities within a rule of law framework. The IIJ delivers capacity-building training tailored to the needs of the regions it serves, including North, West and East Africa; the Middle East; and select engagement in the Balkans, and Central, South and Southeast Asia. For more information on the IIJ, please visit the IIJ’s website www.theiij.org
The IIJ is seeking to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager who will further develop the IIJ’s focus on effective monitoring and evaluation on the basis of work already conducted by the IIJ, the findings of a strategic review by the IIJ Governing Board of Administrators, as well as an IIJ Monitoring and Evaluation Forward Plan. Working under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary and reporting to the Senior Management Team, the successful candidate will play an important role in the fully integrated multi-national team. The role will also include coordination and cooperation with the whole IIJ Team and output to different donors and the Governing Board of Administrators.
The M&E Manager will:
- Develop, design and implement an IIJ-wide strategy to institutionalise and drive monitoring and evaluation across the Institute.
- Work and coordinate closely with internal stakeholders on fully integrating Monitoring and Evaluation into the Institute’s culture and throughout all phases of the capacity-building/training development and implementation cycle.
- Prepare output to different donors and the Governing Board of Administrators.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with the experience of the selected applicant. The position will be contracted initially for a period of 12 months.
All interested applicants meeting the qualifications below are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to the IIJ Executive Secretariat at HR@THEIIJ.ORG by no later than 16 April 2021 with “ME_2021” in the subject line.JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Based on work already conducted by the IIJ, the findings of a strategic review, and an IIJ M&E Forward Plan, develop an IIJ M&E Strategy for the consideration of the Governing Board of Administrators, to include inter alia:
- An IIJ Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy articulating general principles and objectives to guide the Institute’s focus on monitoring and evaluation.
- Operational frameworks that will guide M&E for different IIJ units as well as tailored frameworks for the various Unit-level activities, taking into consideration requirements under different grants.
- Take a lead role in implementing the IIJ M&E Forward Plan and IIJ M&E Strategy once approved, and then to institutionalise the Strategy and drive monitoring and evaluation across the Institute.
- Help to fully integrate monitoring and evaluation in the IIJ culture and throughout all phases of the capacity-building/training development and implementation cycle.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of the IIJ M&E Strategy across the IIJ’s management, the Academic and Programmatic Units, as well as with international stakeholders.
- Work with the team to strengthen data collection, lead relevant internal skills development, and improve the analysis of monitoring and evaluation information.
- Serve as a resource and focal point for monitoring and evaluation, providing support for and oversight of relevant Academic Unit and Programmatic Unit staff as to M&E-related resources, opportunity, time and information.
- Review and drive ongoing implementation of a standardised project reporting mechanism, including effective and timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders:
- Further develop a system of internal monitoring and regular and systematic internal data collection to monitor progress and produce internal reports.
- Develop a system to produce progress reports for all stakeholders and donor partners.
- Support the IIJ in identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Produce project reports, such as quarterly reports, annual report, and donor-specific reports, capturing in a comprehensive and analytical manner progress against the project’s Results Framework, including the documentation of success stories, achievements, lessons learned, risks and issues.
- Produce project updates to donors and stakeholders in a timely manner in line with the IIJ’s professional writing and formatting requirements.
- Work closely with the Executive Secretariat and other colleagues to ensure accurate and smooth project progress reporting and communication to donors and stakeholders.
- Develop and refine our internal monitoring system to gather results-based project progress data and input from subject matter experts and other sources.
- Performing other duties to support the IIJ’s mission as required.
• A Graduate with a Master’s Level in International Relations, Management, Administration, Economics, Social Science, or any relevant discipline.
• Professional command of the English language, with excellent oral and written communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
• A minimum of five years of previous experience in programme management, including project monitoring, reporting and evaluation, especially in a donor-funded project setting related to Peacebuilding, CVE, CT, RoL and capacity building.
- Experience in donor relations – including reporting – is highly desirable.
- Experience working with an international organisation or a non-governmental organisation is required.
- Experience with computers and office software packages, including good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- A strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently, to set priorities, and to organise work to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of working with/managing integrated M&E systems.
- Knowledge of French and/or Arabic will be considered advantageous