HARVARD LAW SCHOOL is hiring a Clinical Fellow for its Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation.
The Clinical Fellow will work under the supervision of the Center for Health Law and Policy Innovation (CHLPI) Director of Litigation to advocate for legal, regulatory, and policy reforms to expand access to high-quality healthcare; to reduce health disparities; and to promote more equitable and effective health and public health systems. This position represents a unique opportunity to work within Harvard Law School's clinical program, to join a dynamic public interest and clinical teaching health and public health law and policy clinic, and practice in burgeoning areas of state and national importance.
As a clinical fellow, you will:
• Work with the Director of Litigation to design and execute health care rights enforcement projects, including those employing formal litigation, administrative complaints and appeals, or other adversarial processes.
• Manage and direct the day-to-day work of one or more of the Health Law and Policy Clinic's (HLPC) impact litigation cases, including the work necessary to design, administer and prosecute a successful lawsuit.
• Collaborate with other attorneys across the country on various litigation projects including amicus briefing, cocounseling, and litigation consultation.
• Ensure our rights enforcement work is fully integrated into our portfolio of work to improve the health of vulnerable populations living with HIV, HCV and other chronic health conditions, and to increase access to health care and the quality of health care for low-income individuals and families, explicitly working toward racial justice and equality goals.
• Collaborate as a team member on HLPC projects with clinical staff and students on policy development and advocacy, building upon and extending CHLPI's innovative work in health and public health law and policy.
• Work closely with students on the projects that the Fellow oversees and support student development in skills including litigation execution, research and writing, oral communication, time and project management, problem-solving, law and policy analysis, and leadership.
• Participate in office-wide projects and in the Center's program as a laboratory for innovation in legal practice and clinical legal education.
• Help to set and implement the vision for the ongoing development and success of the Clinic.
Basic Qualifications: J.D. earned within the last three years. Bar admission in any state strongly preferred; applicants in the process of applying for the bar in the coming months may be considered.
Additional Qualifications: We are looking for people who have:
• A track record of working in the public interest, especially in roles that involved litigation preferred.
• Experience in the fields of public health, health law, and/or community organizing and outreach preferred.
• An interest in working with clients, colleagues, and students of diverse backgrounds. Those interested in developing the skills necessary to embark on a career in clinical legal teaching are encouraged to apply.
• The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Exceptional research and analytical skills, and a strong ability to convey information orally and in writing.
• Some travel may be required (once safe travel is resumed)
• The clinical fellow is a two-year appointment from start date. The fellowship is expected to start in the summer of 2021.
• Compensation for fellowship (salary and benefits) is competitive with other public interest fellowships.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY: A Cover Letter and Résumé/CV are required for all applications. An application without a cover letter will not be considered. Applicants should be prepared to submit a writing sample upon request. Please send applications and inquiries to: Laura Johnston, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVKwrMhkax8ete4jS4lWP