THE UNIVERSITY OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DAVID A. CLARKE SCHOOL OF LAW (UDC LAW) seeks to hire three tenure-track faculty members to join our dynamic and mission-driven community in the 2022-2023 academic year. In addition to non-clinical curricular needs, we are hiring faculty to teach in our clinical program.
We are looking broadly for candidates, but welcome in particular applications from aspiring faculty and junior lateral candidates with an interest in teaching in the Clinical Law Program and/or with an interest in teaching in one of the following substantive areas: Contracts, Torts, Evidence, Criminal Law/Procedure, Constitutional Law, or Tax. Each position will begin on August 16, 2022. Candidates must have a J.D. degree and must demonstrate high scholarly distinction or promise and a commitment to teaching excellence. Applications are encouraged from women, candidates of color, LGBTQIA+ candidates, disabled candidates, and others whose background and experience would contribute to the diversity of the law school community.
UDC LAW is the District’s only public law school and is one of only six American Bar Association approved law schools at a Historically Black College or University. UDC LAW has a statutory mission to recruit and enroll students from groups traditionally underrepresented at the bar; to provide a well-rounded theoretical and practical legal education that will enable students to be effective and ethical advocates; and to represent the legal needs of low-income residents through the School’s legal clinics. Notably, UDC LAW:
· ranks No. 1 most chosen law school by older students (Princeton Review, 2021);
· ranks No. 1 for its commitment to community service (PreLaw Magazine, 2017);
· ranks No. 2 for most diverse faculty (Princeton Review, 2021);
· ranks No. 3 for greatest resources for minority students (Princeton Review, 2021);
· ranks No. 5 for greatest resources for women (Princeton Review, 2021);
· ranks No. 6 for Clinical Training (US News & World Report, 2022);
· received an A+ for Diversity (prelaw, 2021);
· is a Top 10 Best School for African Americans (The National Jurist and prelaw, 2020); and
· is a Top 15 Best School for Asian Americans (The National Jurist and prelaw, 2020).
UDC LAW has been a leader in clinical and experiential education for nearly fifty years. Every student in our day program is required to complete two 300-hour clinical courses. UDC LAW also has a robust evening program.
All candidates must apply through the Human Resources link located on the university website: https://udc.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2hbyxh9runy?sort=1&sortdir=a
Interested candidates may also send a resume and cover letter to the “Faculty Appointments Committee”, with attention to Professors Saleema Snow and Kristina Campbell. Materials can be delivered by email to Ms. Khadijah Muhammad at email@example.com. Although we will accept applications until the positions are filled, we strongly encourage interested applicants to submit applications by October 31, 2021 for most complete consideration.