IE UNIVERSITY invites applications for the position as Professor of Practice of Law for the IE Law School´s Legal Clinic. The Professor will be in charge of developing and managing the IE Law School Legal Clinic.
The IE Law School Legal Clinic has grown exponentially in its first few years of existence. It reached more than 70 agreements with law firms, foundations, professional associations, NGOs and social entrepreneurs. It provides cutting-edge legal assessment on issues related to diverse topics such as global migration, the use of technology to improve access to justice, data protection and taxation.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to lead the Clinic in a new, exciting phase of development. The selected candidate must have a demonstrated knowledge and experience on how legal clinics work and the capacity to generate new clients and funding. In particular, she/he will have to select cases, accompany our students in their entire clinical work, design and teach legal clinic courses, and interact with the Clinic's stakeholders.
The post is at the level of Assistant Professor of Practice and it is a position for a professor who is committed to an academic legal career in an international and innovative environment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Management and coordination of IE Law School Legal Clinic, according to the description of the position.
- Development and delivery of undergraduate courses with an international and practice-oriented focus using innovative methodologies (including active methodology and online teaching), including the possibility to teach graduate courses.
- Personal advisor to students.
- Proven experience in clinical legal education.
- Professional legal qualifications.
- Specialist knowledge in a relevant area of law. Knowledge of both civil law and common law will be highly valued.
- Ph.D in a relevant area of law will constitute an advantage.
- Academic Research in clinical legal education is an advantage.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Spanish will be highly valued.
Salary range: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Start date: September 2020
Application process: Apply by April 3, 2020 via INTERFOLIO at http://apply.interfolio.com/74811
The following documents will be requested: Cover letter, Long CV (including publications and research projects) and 2 Letters of recommendation
We may ask some applicants for a video interview. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to come to the IE University campus. For general enquiries, contact Sara Flores Faculty Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com
About IE University: IE University holds a leading position in Europe among institutions of higher education for excellence in innovation and learning technologies. IE University is the number one Spanish university, the seventh in Europe and the 24th in the world in the Times Higher Education’s Global University Employability Ranking 2018.
IE Law School is one of the top law schools in the world and has been listed among the best law schools worldwide in the Financial Times’ Global Legal Education report.
IE University has campuses in Madrid and Segovia, Spain. Madrid is a vibrant, cosmopolitan capital city of 5+ million that offers an enormous range of professional and leisure opportunities. Segovia is a beautiful World-Heritage city that offers the pleasures of a small city environment and easy access (30 minutes by bullet train) to the heart of Madrid.