CLEVELAND STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF LAW is hiring a Supervising Attorney and Director of the David Braff Animal Law Center.
The Director will oversee the development of the new David Braff Animal Law Center, whose mission is to advance the interests and humane treatment of animals by providing students with educational and practical experience in animal law, advocacy, and related endeavors. The Director will also manage the Animal Law Clinic, ensure a robust offering of related coursework, develop related programmatic activities and public events, and develop and maintain long-term relationships with donors and local and national animal welfare, wildlife, and related organizations.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice in Ohio or be immediately eligible for temporary certification to practice under Ohio Rule for the Government of the Bar IX and willing to seek permanent licensure.
- One year practice experience in animal law or a related field (such as food law, environmental law, labor law, administrative law, international law, or human rights) or intensive legal education in animal law.
- Two years of practice experience.
- An outstanding academic record including law review, judicial clerkship, or other honors.
- Expertise and substantial public lawyering experience in animal law and policy.
- A commitment to community-based legal advocacy demonstrated by a record of public interest lawyering that is creative and responsive.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Center’s mission of advancing the interests and humane treatment of animals.
To view the complete posting and to apply visit:
If you have any questions, please contact Carole Heyward, Senior Clinical Professor of Law at email@example.com.